Design of Sampling, Filtration, and Collection Devices for Aerosols & Bioaerosols
Education: Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
Dr. Han's research interests are in aerosol science and its applications. His specialties include design of the generic mixing plenum to satisfy single point reprehensive sampling criteria, design and testing of impaction-based and electrostatic-based collectors for aerosols or bioaerosols, particle filtration, particle processing (i.e., bioaerosol preparation, particle generation, charging), particle analysis techniques (e.g., optical-counting, microscopic-counting, fluorometric or adenosine triphosphate (ATP) methodologies), and numerical simulation for particle tracking using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools.
- WoongJin Co., LTD., South Korea, PI: Taewon Han, Co-PIs: G. Mainelis "Evaluation of the 3000 LPM Wetted Wall Cyclone Sampler" (submitted).
- The incubation factory and Rutgers University, PI: G. Mainelis, Co-PIs: Taewon Han "Continuing Development and Testing of the Electrostatic Battery for Emissions Control (ESBEC)" (submitted).
- Mainelis G., Seshadri S. and Han T. Electrostatic Screen Battery for Emission Control (ESBEC). U.S. Patent application 12/876,570 (Applied in 2010). RU OTC docket 08-085.
- Han, T., Bing G., Andrew C.S., and McFarland, A.R. (2012) Characteristic of Aerosol Deposition on Woven Wire screens, Particulate Science and Technology, In preparation.
- Nazarenko, Y., Zhen, H., Han, T., Lioy, P., and Mainelis, G. (2012) Potential for Exposure to Engineered Nanoparticles from Nanotechnology-Based Cosmetic powders, Environmental Health Perspectives, Submitted.
- Han, T. and Mainelis G. (2012) Investigation of Inherent and Latent Internal Losses in Liquid-Based Bioaerosol samplers, Journal of Aerosol Science, 10.1016/j.jaerosci.2011.11.001.
- Wang, Z., Shalat, S.L., Black, P.K., Lioy, A.A., Stambler, O.H., Emoekpere, M., Hernandez, M., Han, T., Ramagopal, M., and Mainelis, G. (2011) Use of a Robotic Sampling Platform to Assess Young Children's Exposure to Indoor Bioaerosols, Indoor Air, DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0668.2011.00749.x.
- Nazarenko, Y., Han, T., Lioy, P., and Mainelis, G. (2011) Potential for Exposure to Engineered Nanoparticles from Nanotechnology-Based Consumer Spray Products, Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, doi:10.1038/jes.2011.10.
- Han, T., Nazarenko, Y., Lioy, P., and Mainelis, G. (2011) Collection Efficiencies of an Electrostatic Sampler with Superhydrophobic Surface for Fungal Bioaerosols, Indoor Air, 21(2): 110-120.
- Lioy, P., Nazarenko, Y., Han, T., Lioy, M. J., and Mainelis, G. (2010) Nanotechnology and Exposure Science — What Is Needed To Fill the Research and Data Gaps for Consumer Products, International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health, 16(4): 376-385.
- Han, T. and Mainelis, G. (2010) Performance of an Electrostatic Sampler with Superhydrophobic Surface when Collecting Bacterial Aerosols, Aerosol Science and Technology, 44:339-348.
- Seshadri, S., Han, T., Krumins, V., Fennell, D.E., and Mainelis, G. (2009) Application of ATP Bioluminescence Method to Characterize Performance of Bioaerosol Sampling Devices, Journal of Aerosol Science, 40(2):113-121.1
- Han, T., Haglund, J., Hari, S., and McFarland, A.R. (2009) Aerosol Deposition on Electroformed Wire Screens, Aerosol Science and Technology, 43(2):112-119.
- Han, T. and Mainelis, G. (2008) Design and Development of an Electrostatic Sampler for Bioaerosols with High Concentration Rate, Journal of Aerosol Science, 39(12): 1066-1078.2
- Han, T., O'Neal, D., and Ortiz, C.A. (2007) Generic-Tee-Plenum Mixing System for Application to Single Point Aerosol Sampling in Stacks and Ducts, Health Physics, 92(1):40-49.
- Han, T., O'Neal, D., McFarland, A.R., Haglund, J., and Ortiz, C.A. (2005) Evaluation of Mixing Elements in an L-Shaped Configuration for Application to Single Point Aerosol Sampling in Ducts, HVAC&R Research Journal, 11(4):657-672.