My WRF to GEMPAK conversion code is contained in the following archive:
Version 1.3.1 - wrf2gem.tar.gz (36 K)
To compile the code, I have included a Makefile that you'll probably have to modify. Enjoy!
- Fixes geopotential height for WRF version 2.2 (but breaks it for older WRF output)
- Modified Makefile for GEMPAK 5.9.4
- Your compiler may complain about not finding netcdf.mod. There are a number of ways to fix this:
- Add the flag
-module /dir/to/netcdfmodfile to the compiler options. (A different flag may be required if you are not using pgf90.) This allows your compiler to find netcdf.mod.
- Create a symbolic link to netcdf.mod in your source directory.
- (Most general fix) Create a symbolic link to netcdf.mod in
- Version 1.3 9 January 2006
- Can now handle x-hr precipitation accumulations (diagnostics 104—7) when each history file contains one output time, thanks to Kate LaCasse
- More new variables and diagnostics (Kate LaCasse)
- Initial date and time of the model run is now always automatically detected, so there's no need to define this in the namelist
- Minor bug fixes
- Version 1.2 13 June 2005
- Added new category of diagnostics that are output on isobaric levels
- Fixed bug in netCDF interface
- Many new diagnostics
- Meteorological constants adjusted to be identical to the WRF's constants
- Some efficiency improvements
- Version 1.1 23 March 2005
- Increased flexibility of program through additional options in convert.nl, thanks to Kate LaCasse
- Fixed bug that prevented program from working when there was only one output time
- Version 1.0.1 2 March 2005
- Added land use category as a WRF variable
- Fixed Lambert conic conformal projection in Southern Hemisphere
- Version 1.0 January 2005
Last updated 31 January 2007.