Your Computer Support Personnel
- Check the Software Portal for software availability
Other software purchases require a purchase order based on
- procurement services procedures
- and completion of the "third party vendor risk assessment intake form"
Water Rersources Program (vpn/RU network only)
- DES Computing Facilities (docx)
- ICL Printing and Paper Policy
- OIT Virtual Computing Labs (login link)
- Rutgers Remote Desktop Protocol Gateway
- Rutgers VPN (virtual private network)
- RU sign-out form for offsite and at home computers, computer screens, and/or capitalized equipment
Connecting to Cat5
- SSH is a reliable option for running command-line programs. Graphical programs can be run also, but slowly.
- X2Go is a faster graphical connection with a full desktop. Some users have trouble with the client software.
- Web Browser methods do not require you to install software on your local computer.
- Connecting to Cat5 via a Web Browser (BETA) (PDF) — Similar to X2Go. Currently in "Beta" testing and only recommended if we can't help you get X2Go to work.
- Connecting to Cat5 via SSH from Virtual Computer Labs (PDF) — Connect to a virtual Windows computer, then use SSH and Xming to connect to Cat5. Possibly faster than SSH directly from your local computer.